- 3 Peaks 2012: stage 1 Ben N… by cias
We did it! When we set out to climb Ben Nevis this year we had a time of 5 hours as our goal. We smashed that! Total climb time 4 hrs 12 minutes, this gives us a great start and we are looking forward to the next ‘peak’ [...]
- 3 Peaks Challenge 2012 by cias
Over the weekend of 21st – 22nd July 2012 a team from Christ in Action Scotland will again be attempting to complete the National 3 Peaks Challenge to raise funds for CIAS and to contribute to the building project being carried out by Christ in Action, USA. (see www.christinaction.com for [...]
- AIC Training by cias
Dave Gibson arrives at Washington Dulles, met by Christ in Action Director, Dr. Denny Nissley, to attend the Assisting Individuals in Crisis Training Course 2012
- Chaplaincy Certification by cias
David receiving his Chaplain Badge from Christ in Action Director, Dr. Denny Nissley 2011
- AGAINST ALL ODDS… Sta… by cias
We did it! Having completed Ben Nevis and Scafell Pike on time and on target to be well inside 24 hours for our 3 Peaks Challenge, we headed to Snowdon in Wales, knowing that if we could be on the hill for 1pm we would finish before 5pm. Our changeover [...]
- Stage 2: Scafell Pike- Complete. by cias
We are now well in to the challenge. Ben Nevis completed in 5 hours, the second peak, Scafell Pike completed in 4 hours 8 minutes. We are all extremely tired, bodies are aching but we are nearly there. The good news is that we are on target as far as [...]
- Stage 1: Ben Nevis complete. by cias
Excellent start to our 3 Peaks Challenge! 2 hours 55 mins to the top and we completed round trip in 5 hours! Really happy with our progress, really blessed with the sunny weather too! Stay tuned… Got a long way to go! CIAS 3 Peaks Team
- Not Long Now… by cias
On Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd July 2011 we will be taking on the national 3 Peaks Challenge. Our first climb starts at 5pm on Friday at Ben Nevis, Scotland, then onto Scafell Pike, England at 4am then our last climb is Snowdon, Wales at 1pm. We will post progress [...]
- A Taste of Things to Come… by cias
On our recent trip to join with Christ in Action in America for Faith Based First Responders Training, the host church for the conference, www.faithinthetriad.com had recently suffered tree damage due to a tornado that passed through the community. We only worked for a few hours in moderate heat, but that [...]
- ‘Bringing HOPE to the… by cias
Christ in Action Scotland has officially ARRIVED! Please sign up to receive newsletters and details of future events.
- Dave Gibson on AGAINST ALL ODDS… Sta…So there we were on the last track of our journey as we were heading from England to Wales, ahead ...
- Dave Gibson on Stage 2: Scafell Pike- Complete.Travelling from Fort William we made journey to Stirling and picked up Fraser (2nd driver) and had a quick toilet ...
- Dave Gibson on Stage 1: Ben Nevis complete.Finally the day had come where the 3 of us were standing at the base of the highest peak in ...
- Denny Nissley on ‘Bringing HOPE to the…Dave Seel is a great man of God with an awesome wife and a cool family!!
- Denny on ‘Bringing HOPE to the…I love this ministry and Dave Seel is a great man of God with an awesome wife and family!